Sump Pumps for Basements & Crawlspaces
We love being able to say that we are "The All Things Basementy" company. Heck, it's written all over our trucks! In addition to foundation repair, we also do waterproofing. We offer perimeter drainage, encapsulation, egress windows, dehumidifiers, sump pumps, and more. Today we would like to highlight some of our sump pumps and what is the difference between them. Our Partnership with Basement Systems allows us access to the best sump pumps on the market, and we're proud to be able to offer these to our customers.
Basement Systems Sump Pumps
The different kinds of sump pumps we use are:
The TripleSafe is our best sump pump and the most recommended. Homeowners want their basement or crawlspace to be dry ALL the time, and the features of the TripleSafe easily provide this need. The meaning behind the TripleSafe is that it has three pumps than can turn on if the others fail. The first pump is the main pump of TripleSafe. This pump is a heavy-duty 1/3 horsepower cast-iron Zoeller pump that does most of the pumping. This pump can handle up to 2600 gallons of water per hour. The second pump is a 1/2 horsepower pump that operates automatically if Pump 1 fails or if greater pump volume is needed. This pump with the first pump can handle up to 6200 gallons per hour. The third pump is a battery-operated pump that turns on automatically if power fails.
The UltraSump like the TripleSafe has a battery backup that will kick on if the power goes out or if the pump gets overwhelmed. An UltraSump is typically installed into a basement or crawlspace that has water enter the space during heavy rains or a place that loses power easily. The UltraSump can remove 12,000 gallons of water on a single charge from its battery backup. This will keep your home dry until you can get your primary pump running again.
The SuperSump is a blend of exceptional performance and value that will keep your basement or crawlspace dry. An effective basement waterproofing system depends on a reliable, long-lasting sump pump. That is why EFS offers a sump pump that is fitted with innovative feature design to work together for top performance, year after year. Even our basic sump pump system, the SuperSump, is a full-featured system that includes the best components available.
Here's a quick rundown of all of the components:
- SuperLiner- This premium plastic sump liner is an attractive alternative to an open sump pit. Perforations in the liner capture groundwater and a larger opening connects to the interior drainage system. The liner's airtight lid keeps out pests and debris, while also eliminating the safety hazard of an open sump pit.
- Floor drain- If a plumbing leak or other unforeseen accident puts water on your basement floor, a one-way floor drain in the lid will allow this water to drain into your sump system. For protection against water heaters leaking, there is also the Flood Ring.
- WaterWatch Alarm- If a power outage, tripped circuit breaker or other malfunction shuts down your sump pump, this alarm will sound when the water level rises above the sump pump intake. This gives homeowners time to call for service or take action to prevent flooding before any damage is caused.
- Zoeller cast-iron, 1/3 HP pump- Inexpensive sump pumps with plastic housings are prone to overheating and burnout. All the sump pumps that EFS offers are equipped with powerful, top-quality Zoeller sump pumps. The unit installed in our SuperSump is one of the best, capable of pumping up to 2,280 gallons per hour.
- CleanPump pump stand- This patented stand elevates the sump pump intake port to help prevent clogging, a common cause of pump burnout.
- Check Valve- Installed in the drain line, this valve prevents pumped water from re-entering the sump pit.
- Improved float valve- Cheap "ball-on-wire" float valves are prone to snapping and other malfunctions. We use only linear-motions float valves for reliable, long-term performance.
SmartSump Crawl Space Sump Pump
In some scenarios, our first three sump pumps will not fit into a crawlspace because they are too tall to be installed. So we have an option that will fit almost anywhere. Our SmartSump Crawl Space Sump Pump is designed for crawlspaces to help reduce moisture, remove water, and prevent flooding.
The SmartSump has a unique sump pump cover design, so water from a plumbing leak fills the alarm pocket on the lid first, sounding a WaterWatch alarm. From there, the water flows down a special airtight floor drain that will let the water down, but damp air cannot come up into your crawl space. The WaterWatch sump pump alarm also alerts you to pump failure for any reason, including power outages.
Our SmartSump also has the option of having a battery backup system to be installed to have a second pump kick on if the home loses power or if the first pump gets overwhelmed.
As you can see we have a sump pump for just about every basement or crawlspace issue. We rely on the features of our sump pump to adapt to keep water out of any basement or crawlspace. This gives all our customers' peace of mind, and a basement or crawlspace that will stay warm and dry all the time.
After we install any sump pump or any product into a customer's home we offer them to sign up for our Erickson Care Club. Erickson Care Club allows access to Free Annual Maintenence, Priority Service, and Member Rewards.